Oppression

Oppression

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Report on the Trial
This trial was very one sided. It was not fair how the defendant lied under oath and refused to tell the true story.
"I went in the house to get him a nickel and i turned around an 'fore I knew it he was on me. Just run up behind me, he did. And got me round the neck, cussin' me and' sayin' dirt-I fought' n' hollered, but he had me round the neck. He hit me agin an' agin" Page 241 Chapter 18 TKAM.

Exactly
These lies are the reason Tom Robinson was sent to jail, and the thing that Bob Ewell probably wanted all along. He has such a crooked and menacing mind. This reminds me of the Emiett Till case once again. The unfairness in the prejudice of the court system and the witness stand. Atticus Finch was a great person in this book and stood up for what is right: favorite character in TKAM.

2 comments:

  1. During these times black people were treated poorly........I feel like it was Mayella's fault for this entire situation

    ReplyDelete
  2. During these times black people were treated poorly........I feel like it was Mayella's fault for this entire situation

    ReplyDelete